Blue Engineering and Consulting Company (BLUE), an engineering and consulting firm specializing in providing engineering and regulatory support to the liquefied natural gas (LNG) industry, is looking for an energetic, highly motivated and well-qualified consultant to join our team in Ellicott City, MD.
We are an employee-focused small business which provides engineering graduates or experienced professionals the opportunity to make an impact. BLUE incorporates a structurally-flat organization which allows employees to not be limited by a title and fosters growth at each employee's own pace.
We employ an open door policy and encourages employees to think outside the box. We are an equal opportunity employer.
LNG Consultant/Project Manager
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of prior experience with LNG facilities (import, export, peakshaving, bunkering, etc.) and demonstrated ability to excel in a team working environment. The ideal candidate will possess a BS or higher degree in engineering and/or equivalent experience. Candidates are being sought who have significant experience in engineering or consulting as the team will look to you for tactical problem-solving for clients and personalized mentorship.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities include:
- Assisting project developers by creating/evaluating feasibility studies to help define projects in their early stages
- Communicating effectively in verbal and written form with clients and regulators
- Creating/reviewing pre-FEED deliverables, including plot plans, process flow diagrams, heat and material balances, cost estimates, and other preliminary engineering deliverables
- Assisting project developers by creating/reviewing FEED deliverables
- Guiding projects through permitting and regulatory processes
- Developing EPC bid packages and evaluating EPC bids to assist developers in selecting EPC Contractors
- Providing project management or project engineering services as Owner’s Engineer overseeing EPC Contractors in the detailed design, procurement, and construction phases
- Providing schedule, cost, and risk controls management
- Participating in HAZOP and LOPA studies during detailed design
- Providing commissioning and start-up support, as necessary
- Ability to travel by car, train, or plane to client work sites when necessary. Travel requirements will vary from client to client and project to project.
Required skills include:
- Familiarity with facility piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Familiarity with AutoCAD software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task across different projects and manage time and schedule commitments and
- Excellent organizational skills.
The candidates must be authorized to work in the US and have a valid passport. A background check and drug test may be required as a term of employment.
Applications will be reviewed and received until the position is filled. To apply or learn more about BLUE, please Contact Us: BlueTeam@BlueEandC.com